Our counsellor is Leah Draper. She can be reached through the following avenues:
Phone: 250 426 5291 (Ext. 21109 )
In the event schools move to an online platform, please email email@example.com to make a virtual appointment. Students can also message her through their Microsoft TEAMS account. Her Zoom room meeting ID is listed below, along with a link to her personal meeting space.
Personal Meeting Room ID: 492 481 5452
Indigenous Support Counsellor
Our indigenous support counsellor is Amy Reid. She can be reached through the following avenues:
Phone: 250 426 5291 (ext. 21108)
In the event schools move to an online platform, please email Amy to schedule appointments. Students can also message her via Microsoft TEAMS.
Personal Zoom meeting ID: 622 507 1283
Counselling at Laurie Middle School is done primarily through self-referral. Students, their guardians, and Laurie Middle School staff may contact the counsellor via telephone, email, or by scheduling an appointment in the counselling office.
If it is your first visit, you will be asked to fill out a green intake form to bring to your appointment. It is the student’s responsibility to arrive on time.
Please note, Counsellors may only check email during school hours. It may take up to 48 hours to hear back. If you are a parent and your concern is urgent, please contact the office. If the student is in need of immediate support and the counsellor is not available, please reach out to one of the resources listed below.
- Child and Youth Mental Health Cranbrook
- Currently offering services by Phone and Facetime
- Can be reached at 250-426-1514 to complete the intake. Intakes are being completed over the phone.
- Intake Hours: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 9:30 - 12:00 (Noon)
- Kids Help Phone - Text CONNECT to 686868 or call 1-800-668-6868
- KUU-US Crisis Line Society 24-hour Provincial Aboriginal Crisis Lines:
- Adults/Elders - 250-723-4050
- Child/Youth - 250-723-2040
- Toll Free Line - 1-800-588-8717