Youth Care Services:
Parkland Middle School offers full time Youth Care services. Robin Priore, our Youth Care Worker, provides behavioural, emotional, and social support to students.
The Youth Care Worker helps facilitate various programs and services for students including:
- Referrals to community supports and services
- Life skills groups
- Facilitation of our school's weekly Salad Bar Program
- Access to basic need items (clothing, hygiene supplies, school supplies etc.)
- Facilitation of our Breakfast Club and Lunch Program
- Communication between students, parents and teachers
- Support with academics and organization skills
- Students needing a place to eat lunch can join Robin in the Youth Care Room, jointly shared with Aboriginal Education Support. Parents are welcome to stop by the Youth Care Office at any time to discuss their child's needs.