· Students have been organized into learning groups for in-class instruction. This helps to limit contact and potential exposure.
• For grade 7-9 the maximum learning group size is 60 people.
• For grade 10-12 the maximum learning group size is 120 people.
· There are 6 learning groups at SSS and are as follows:
• 2 Grade 7
• 2 Grade 8/9
• 1 Grade 10
• 1 Grade 11/12/STRIVE
· Administration will keep a detailed cohort list for contact tracing purposes.
• Within a learning group masks are not always required (though students and staff are welcome to wear masks if they choose).
· In certain classes (e.g., French) masks may be required within learning groups.
· Any staff working with a student who is not a member of that
· student's cohort will have to wear a mask and physically distance. For example administrators, counsellors, student services teachers, or teachers teaching on call will all have to wear masks.
· In instances where a class is not part of a cohort masks must be worn by all and physical distancing adhered to.
· Learning groups will remain consistent for all school based activities.
· Students and staff from the same learning should still practice physical distancing whenever possible.
· School administrators will need to stay up to date on the composition of each learning group and are responsible for providing contact information to public health as needed for contact tracing purposes.
· Students from different learning groups can be in the same space at the same time if physical distancing can be maintained and there is adequate space to prevent crowding of those in the same learning group.