Skip to main content
940 Industrial Road #1, Cranbrook, BC, V1C 4C6| 250.426.4201| Fax: 250.489.5460 Utility Links
School District 5
Southeast Kootenay
Registration Forms and Documents

​​​​​​​​​​​Registration and Consent Forms 

When registering your child, please note the following process:

  1. Use the School Locator to determine your catchment school
  2. Complete the fillable PDF forms
  3. Ensure that your registration is sent to your catchment school
  4. If you are requesting an out of catchment school, please complete the Student Request for Placement and send separately to the email listed on the form (​)
Please contact the catchment school directly to make an appointment.  You may then take the completed form and documentation into the school.  We do not recommend sending sensitive information or documents over email.

 ​Once your online form is processed, the school will contact you regarding documentation.  Documentation must be received before registration can be finalized.  The following documents are required by all schools:
  • Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport)
  • Proof of guardianship (as shown on child's birth certificate, or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant document or guardianship order)
  • Proof of citizenship for both the parent and student (Canadian Birth Certificate, Citizenship Card, Passport, Landed Immigrant Document, ​ Aboriginal Status Indentification Card, ​Permanent Resident Card, Enhanced Driver's License or Enhanced Identification Card)
  • Proof of residence (e.g., ordinarily resident) of parent/guardian in BC (BC Driver's License, BC Services Card, BCID or BC Care Card of parent/legal guardian)