Welcome to the Southeast Kootenay District Parent Advisory Council Website
The District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) of School District 5 Southeast Kootenay, is the umbrella organization that brings together Parent Advisory Councils (PACs) in SD 5 -- Cranbrook, Fernie, Sparwood, Elkford and the South Country region of British Columbia Canada. We are one of the stakeholder (partner) organizations in our district.
What do we offer?
- Monthly meeting with updates on what is happening in our district
- Open discussion forums for PAC Concerns
- Representation on school district committees
- Information on membership in the BC Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils
- Resources and information on current issues and changes in education
- Assistance in forming effective PACs
- Ongoing support for parents and PACs
- Liaison between school level (PAC) and the Provincial Level (BCCPAC)
Rights and Responsibilities
"Parents have the right and responsibility to participate in the process of determining the educational goals, policies and services provided for their children. They have a primary responsibility to ensure that children are provided with the healthy supportive environment necessary for learning. They have a responsibility to help shape and support the goals of the school system and share the task of educating their young."