Skip to main content
940 Industrial Road #1, Cranbrook, BC, V1C 4C6| 250.426.4201| Fax: 250.489.5460 Utility Links
School District 5
Southeast Kootenay
Becoming an ECE/ECEA/Responsible Adult Information

Responsible Adult​

What is a Responsible Adult? Child Care Licensing Regulation will allow Responsible Adults to work in child care including licensed daycares, preschools, and after-school programs. For more information on what a Responsible Adult is read this Fact Sheet​. ​


​​​​​​​ECE Dual Credit Program

School District No. 5 (Southeast Kootenay) is working in partnership with School District 6, School District 8, and the College of the Rockies to provide an ECE Dual Credit Program for Grade 12 Students​. This program allows Grade 12 students to take four courses toward an ECE Certificate f​or FREE!

Early Childhood Educator (ECE) or Early Childhood Educator Assistant (ECEA)

How can you become an ECE or an ECEA? 

Contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral (CCRR)​ office. Or you can contact the College of the Rockies or the Pacific Rim Early Childhood Institute as they both offer the ECE Program online. 

Additionally, you can become an Early Childhood Education Assistant (ECEA) by completing the course offered at the College of the Rockies. The course is offered at the beginning of each month from October through March. Textbooks for this course can be signed out at no charge from the East Kootenay Child Care Resource and Referral Centre​ in Cranbrook. This course is also available at the Pacific Rim Early Childhood Institute. 

Learn more by watching short video.


Featured Links